Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bye Bye Hello Hydration!

I've had the most delicious little curls all week so I really debated washing my hair this weekend until I remembered I had two new items to try out.

My first test item was a so-called shampoo I made earlier this week. In a nutshell, I added coconut cream concentrate to my homemade creamy Castille shampoo. When I rubbed a sample into my skin, it felt so luxurious I couldn't wait to try it out. Sadly, my "shampoo" was masquerading as a conditioner. I was a bit disappointed at first, but as I have yet to perfect a conditioner, I ultimately was quite pleased with the final results. So, two coils up for my new and VERY accidental Creamy Coconut Castille Conditioner! While it has no scent, it is perhaps the most moisturizing conditioner I've used thus far. And, while it also has not a lick of slip, given how soft my hair felt after using it, I think I've broken my slip addiction!!!!! I'm thinking this could be the new "Creamy Crack!"

As yummy as my hair felt after accidentally washing it with my new homemade conditioner, I couldn't resist trying Jungle Conditioner from LUSH. To be fair, I did wash my hair with my homemade African Black Soap/Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo prior to giving Jungle a test drive-I've been waiting almost a whole week for this!
LUSH's Jungle Conditioner is a solid conditioner bar, but I diluted mine in aloe vera juice last week to make it easier to use. It took a while to dissolve, but next time (and there will be a next time), I'm putting it in a 16 oz. bottle versus an 8 oz. bottle. Dissolved Jungle is so thick, I could hardly get it out of the bottle to use it! Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with words adequately describing how Jungle smells and feels. As for the results, OMG, Jungle had my toes curling it's so good! My hair was super soft and smelled amazing! This most definitely is a keep and gets two coils up.

So au revoir to Hello Hydration conditioner. It was good while it lasted, but I'd be a fool to continue using a product that has all the icky things we naturalistas try to avoid now that I have TWO totally organic conditioners...and one I can even make right in my own kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment