Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Sofn'Free product review

This weekend, I was pleasantly surprised when samples of Sofn'Free's GroHealthy's Nothing But line showed up in my mailbox. Among the samples was their Intense Healing Mask. Y'all know me...I love deep conditioners, so I decided to give this a try first but not without some hesitation.
This smelled like peppermint even though there's citrus oil in it.
First, it's "made with nothing but simple ingredients," and "it penetrates deeply to repair, soothe and smooth damaged, brittle hair," while also touting that " In no time, your curls will bounce back with renewed health and vigor." Second, it proposes to repair "weak, fragile hair" and is "real help for transitioning."

I don't know about you, but when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is because only a pair of scissors can repair damaged hair. Regardless, I decided to give it a try with my steamer. Oh, but wait! What's in this stuff? To my dismay, the ingredients weren't listed on the packaging or enclosed informational brochure so I had to hop on the Internet. Look what I found!

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil),  Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Sodium Cocoyl Collagen, Amino Acid, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Wheat Germ Acid, Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheat Germ), Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Sulfur, Oleth-10, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycansance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, d-Limonene, Linalool, and Citral.

That's a mouthful, huh? Even more interesting is that while this product line is void of petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants and phthalates, it does contain silicones! Personally, I'm not afraid of cones, but you might want to avoid this product line if you're picky about what you put in your hair. Sofn'Free says Nothing But is "simple," but how simple can it be with more than 20 ingredients?

Enough's enough! Now for the product review! This minty cream feels very pleasant in the hair. It smooths snarls and tangles, it spreads easily and evenly, and it washes out fairly well. Beyond that, my hair didn't feel or behave any differently. Maybe I would've noticed a difference if my hair was suffering from damage, shedding or thinning, but I keep it in a protective style throughout winter so it's relatively strong and healthy.

Overall, I can't say yay or nay to this one. But, I can say that at $10.99, this won't be part of my arsenal when it comes to deep conditioning treatments. I've found cheaper deep conditioners, i.e. LeKair Cholesterol for $2 or $3, that work much better at a fifth of the cost. Nice try Sofn' Free, but no coils up for you!


1 comment:

  1. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.
    the salvation diet ebook

    ReplyDelete